Over the years, we’ve been very straight-forward with our desire to not receive donations. We encourage those who have money to give to do so directly to those in need. So much is given and usually wasted by churches across the world that spend only a portion of the money helping others to experience the Word of God in their lives. That’s not to say that charities or churches are all bad; there are plenty that truly contribute to the world by helping the bodies, minds, and souls while making disciples. Most, unfortunately, spend more of the money making pretty church buildings or wasting the offerings in other ways.
After much thought and prayer, we’ve decided to start taking contributions in a different form: content! If the Spirit moves you to express yourself with a message that others need to hear, we want to be a place for you to do just that. Before we go into details, there’s something important that we need to explain.
The reason we’ve never accepted guest posts is because we are very particular with what gets posted here. The views of this ministry are often considered extreme or unpopular to most churches in America and even around the world:
- We do not believe in a pre-tribulation rapture, for example.
- We hold to Saturday as the true Sabbath and day of rest.
- We follow the Ten Commandments and though we agree that the law was abolished through Yeshua, the foundation that was given through the Ten Commandments is still applied today.
- We believe in faith AND works; with faith we gain salvation, through our works we are judged.
- We do not identify as part of the Hebrew Roots movement, though there are definitely similarities between what we promote and their movement’s teachings.
- We have no physical church location. All that we do in this ministry is focused online through this website, our Facebook page, YouTube channel, and Twitter account.
These are the reasons that we’ve kept it maintained solely by our family rather than bringing in guest posts. We do not want to offend those who have good content that doesn’t align with our perspectives. Better to not allow any outside content rather than to tell someone what we cannot publish it here. With that said, the need is growing for more content and we know that the Holy Spirit will guide the right content to our pages just as the Holy Spirit guides people to the website in the first place.
If you have content that you would like to share on this website, here are some things to know:
- All content must be unique, at least at first. If you have your own site through which you would like to publish content as well, we only ask that anything you want published here is posted initially here. After two weeks, you can then post it again to your own sites.
- We edit. My early adult life was with the media reporting for newspapers (something that some find humorous considering the number of errors I often have in my own writing) so it will be edited for grammar and spelling. More importantly, it will be edited for content authenticity and accuracy. We won’t change the message, though. If it doesn’t align with our perspectives, we simply won’t publish it.
- Pray first. Everything you bring to the world should be guided by prayer.
If you feel that you want to contribute content, we are very open to reading it. Please send it in a Word document to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you with acceptance, revisions, or we’ll let you know that we pass. Also, please be patient. We don’t always get to our correspondence in a timely manner (something we’re working on) so if we don’t get back quickly it’s not that we’re ignoring you. We probably haven’t made it around to it. Coffee only goes so far in a day that is limited in hours.
We look forward to reading what you have to share. God Bless you!